iarc blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Final BP





Object: my wedding ring. My wedding ring is a replica of a victorian/art deco ring. I chose this setting because the roundness of the design was very appealing to me. Everyone who has seen it says that it "looks like me." I found taking pictures of a diamond to be impossible, so I used a close example.

example of my wedding ring

:http://www.engagement-ring-mountings.com/artdeco_nouveau_ring_settings_info_1895.htm




Space: Food Hall at Harrod's. What does this say about me? I happen to love the tile and the arts and crafts/deco decor of the space, not to mention the bevy of food. It's a food orgy!








The Building: Hagia Sophia. I love the roundness and the enormity of this building. I am attracted to its history. I think history in design is very important












The Place:London. I have always loved England! I love the history, the monarchy, the tea. I guess I'm a bit of an anglophile.














As I stated in my first design autobiography, I tend to design circularly and my design aesthetic is traditional with a healthy dose of quirky. This blog post illustrates for me just how rooted in history and geography my design aesthetic is. I see curves, history, and mostly anglicanism in all of my choices.


:

No comments:

Post a Comment