The following diagrams show my initial planning ideas for the brew pub. The first diagram is color blocked and shows my ideas for pedestrian circulation from the parking area across Buffalo Creek and from the apartments located in one of the mill buildings. My proposal calls for a bridge that ends in a path or walkway, embedded into the soil, made out of some sort of permeable material. It also calls for a boardwalk along the creek that leads residents to the restaurant. I do not envision the boardwalk or the walkway across the creek to end as abruptly as the diagram suggests, I don't know the parking organization or size and configuration so I diagrammed an approximate location for the boardwalk. After producing this diagram I now think the bridge would be more appropriately placed further to the west (left).
This diagram show initial space planning and circulation ideas for the brew pub. I was surprised to see how much space was taken up by the brewery and kitchen and some difficulty planning the space. We had a master brewer as a guest speaker talk to us about brewery size requirements and as a result I don't think much of this original space plan will survive as part of my final project. One feature that I do intend to keep is the outdoor seating that overlooks the creek. The reservoir on the east side of the building has been suggested as an outdoor dining space, but I think the views will be more enjoyable overlooking the creek. With the deck facing south there will be indirect afternoon/evening sunlight. The south facing location will also be an indicator for people parking across the creek of where the brew pub is located.


No comments:
Post a Comment