iarc blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Global Engagement Center + a class project

 
 
 
 
The final project of designing a Global Engagement Center for UNCG was the most professional project we have worked on thus far. As group projects are frequently difficult, this one had some unique difficulties as our group was the entire class. In making it a class group project I think breaking the class into subgroups was a good way to help us work more efficiently but waiting on other groups to get initial planning done to be able to proceed with our planning became frustrating, although these challenges were not unexpected.
 
 
As group projects go this was one of my more positive experiences. I was made a task manager and was able to delegate tasks based on the strengths of my group members. I was fortunate to have the majority of my team eager and enthusiastic about the project. We worked well together and were able to design specifically for our group (International Programs Center). They are an energetic, lively group so I felt that we had freedom in our designs to express those qualities.
 
 
 
Overall I think our design was a success and we received kudos from IPC, in the form of an email, after the presentation. They seemed thrilled with our initial ideas. The things that need improvement are many, fortunately my clients were not aware of them. Firstly, I would like to further develop our "ribbon" design and maybe carry it throughout the building and generally have more time to fine tune everything. I feel like our design is good for the short amount of time in which we had to do it but I feel as though it is very rough. The other things I would like to fix are: the AutoCad file of our floorplan, the sections on Auto Cad,the orientation of the floorplan in relation to the orientation of the key plan, and the renderings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment