iarc blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Personal Development Spring 2013

 
 
 
 
This semester was a semester in which I felt as though I grew more in my abilities to deal with people than in design. There were many design/teaching challenges that I felt like I had to face, and while I may not have always done it gracefully, I definitely grew from them.
 
From a design standpoint, my final project best shows my growth. For the final project my group designed ribbon furniture for the IPC. The pieces changed greatly from our initial ideas and I feel that the way those pieces engaged both the floor and the ceiling best represents my personal growth as a designer. The pieces are interesting and practical and deserve to be explored further. I think this is the first project that I thought about how to integrate the floor and ceiling without being directed by an instructor, to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment